Technology Lead (Position Filled)
Job Description: Andamio Games is seeking a technology lead to assist in the development of educational apps on mobile devices. The technology lead is responsible for working with subject matter experts and the technical team to design and implement educational apps that provide instruction in difficult-to-learn concepts. This includes development and improvements to Andamio’s proprietary design tools. In addition, the job involves extending Andamio Games’ product capabilities to take advantage of technology advancements and comply with best learning practices, educational standards, and curricula. The position requires a demonstrated record of significant creativity, system design skills, and ability to work with technical staff, sales, marketing, external teammates, and end users and customers, including K12 students, teachers, administrative staff, and others in the education field. The apps will be developed internally and as a service for customers. The job requires some travel to support conferences and customer training sessions, primarily in the continental United States. Some phone and email customer support may also be required. This is a zero-fixed hour position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the strategic technical plan for multi-year R&D projects to develop mobile learning games.
- Support and advise the technical team on project-based priorities and direction, participate in team and project meetings.
- Participate in the creation, documentation, and review of product requirements and design activities with a specific focus on the technical aspects.
- Act as liaison between Andamio software engineers and external development contractors.
- Lead and manage assigned projects and tasks, maintaining progress, direction, and timelines for the team.
- Provide expertise in the deployment of apps to distribution channels (e.g. Apple's App Store).
- Due to federal contracting regulations all candidates must be U.S. Citizens or hold Permanent U.S. Resident status (i.e., green card holder).
- Ph.D. (preferred) or Masters in computer science or related field with at least 7 years of experience.
- Experience advising and guiding multi-functional teams consisting of several different organizations.
- Demonstrated success in fielding educational games for mobile devices.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Other qualifications that may influence hiring decisions
- Background in technology-oriented startups or entrepreneurial ventures.
- Technology leadership of government-funded grants and contracts.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: With a zero-fixed hour position, Andamio offers a 401(k) retirement plan (with employer match), paid parking / public-transportation, cell phone and home internet reimbursement, and a flexible work schedule.
About Andamio Games: Andamio Games® creates mobile games that make hard subjects easier to learn. We build engaging and effective learning experiences, both for individual learners and for teams. Andamio engineers work with everyone from middle-school teachers to corporate trainers to R&D leaders in academia and government.
How to Apply: Andamio Games is a subsidiary of Adventium Labs. Please go to www.adventiumlabs.com/application to download the application form. Email your resume and application to email@example.com with the words “Job Inquiry” in the subject line and a brief executive summary of your qualifications for the position in the body of the email. Please contact the Human Resource Generalist (Rainer Isle) at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this job posting.
As a subsidiary of Adventium Labs, Andamio Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, sexual orientation, local human rights commission activity, or veteran status. Please click here to see the EEO is the Law notice (supplement available here) and here to see the Employee Polygraph Protection Act notice.
Adventium is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.